Bruen Team History
It all began with Carlton J. Bruen, grandfather of Ryan Bruen and father-in-law of Deborah Bruen.
- In the late 1950’s, Carlton J. Bruen began as a sales agent with Parmies Agency, which was one of the largest agencies in the area at the time.
- After a few years Carlton opened Carlton J. Bruen, Realtor and Insurer across the street from Parmies Agency on Elm Street in Morristown in a two room office.
- A couple of years later Carlton bought a house at 218 Madison Avenue in Convent Station and converted the first floor into a real estate office and sold the Insurance end of the business.
- In the early 1970’s, Carlton was one of the first in the state of New Jersey to buy a Century 21 franchise.
- Century 21 Carlton J Bruen Realtors grew to 5 offices
- Convent Station/Morris Township
- Governor Morris Hotel in Morristown
- Parsippany, Mendham
- In 1978, Scott Bruen joined the business, selling houses during his summer breaks from college. He went full time in 1981 after graduating college.
- In 1984, Carlton Bruen sold his business to Schlott Realtors.
- Around 1990, Schlott Realtors then sold out to Coldwell Banker.
- Scott Bruen continued to work as a sales agent at Schlott and then Coldwell Banker.
- In 1999, Scott Bruen became manager of the Convent Station Coldwell Banker office (Carlton Bruen still owned the building).
- Scott has since managed Coldwell Banker offices in Parsippany, Clinton, Morristown, Madison/Chatham and Bernardsville/Basking Ridge. He currently manages the office in Madison.
- In 2008, Deborah Bruen, Scott’s wife, became a sales agent with Coldwell Banker.
- In 2013, Ryan Bruen, son of Deborah & Scott, began working as a full-time real estate agent at Citi Habitats in New York City, leaving his job as a CPA at Grant Thornton LLP.
- In 2014, Ryan Bruen moved to Morristown to form The Bruen Team at Coldwell Banker with Deborah Bruen.
- From 2015-2023, The Bruen Team was ranked #1 Sales Team in the Morristown office for Coldwell Banker.
With rapidly advancing technology and increased consumer needs, The Bruen Team continue to deliver the top-quality cutting-edge service that their clients have come to know and expect from them.